
I made a whole whack of cards for QKD over the past week or so.....here's my favourite of the whole bunch (actually, I think it's a tie for my favourite, but you'll have to wait for the other one until tomorrow).
This one uses the Birthday Cake set and I just love this set to pieces!! The background was made out of the little cake toppers and I did some doodling.
That scalloped circle (which is pretty big) is not a Nestability (I don't have the money or the desire to spend oodles on that system. I used my Coluzzel circle cutter (5 bucks at a garage sale) and cut a 3 3/8 inch circle. Then I used my SU corner rounder with the paper guide off to make the scallops, and it went around that size of circle perfectly. I am going to play with other sizes and squares maybe too to see if I can get the same thing going in different sizes and shapes.
There you go, my frugal tip for the day :)
Hope you enjoy my card....I'll be back soon with an altered can (oh yes, I'm moving up in the papercrafting world!) and some more QKD cards that feature the April releases.
Have a wonderful Tuesday!














What a great card, and love how you did the scallop
ReplyDelete